Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Getting Closer!

Well, it's getting closer and closer! I suppose I should get some laundry done, so I can take some clean clothes with me!

We'll leave Saturday morning at 6:30am (yikes) and take the NEW church van. It's a 14 hour trip, but we'll be stopping for meals and breaks about every 3 hours or so (or when somone's bladder starts hollering!).

We'll be staying in the church on the concrete floor. I'll be taking my super comfy super thick camping pad!

A typical day will get us breakfast around 8am and heading to the worksite by 9am. Not sure what we're doing about lunch, but I'm sure there will be food somewhere!. Back to the church around 5ish. Not sure where we'll be eating our evening meals - it will depend on who's cooking! One week there were some Amish women cooking and folks ate there every night! We're planning on eating out at least one night.

The folks at work and in my small group have HUGE hearts! I have a big box from church, as well as $35 in Walmart cards (so far). My "Women on a Journey" group has donated some cash and a big bag of new toys for the kids in the clinic! Thank you to both groups for your support (and prayers).

No comments: